Since its inception in 1886, Peoples Federal Savings and Loan Association has participated with pride in the agricultural, commercial and industrial development that has graced Shelby County and shaped the destiny of its residents. At that time the only two services we were allowed to provide were mortgage loans and savings accounts. Through the years, fast paced expansion generated a growing need for creative financing. The Association experienced tremendous growth and saw a need to expand its physical quarters to more appropriately protect its depositor’s funds and valuable documents. It was in 1917 that Louis Sullivan, a Chicago architect, was retained to produce a concept of a new facility for the exclusive use of the Association to be located on the corner of Court Street and S. Ohio Avenue in downtown Sidney.
Today, longer than a century since its inception, Peoples Federal has grown a thousand times, offering contemporary financial services, including a complete line of checking, savings and loan products from four locations in the county, while preserving the beautiful Louis Sullivan building. It remains virtually unchanged as a monument to the community.We remain grateful for the vision of our predecessors and the citizens of Sidney and Shelby County for their long-term support and confidence. We invite you to enjoy the splendor of Sullivan’s “Shelby County Masterpiece” by personally visiting our office and to join our growing list of customers who enjoy “hometown banking”.